Friday, July 20, 2012

KOTOBUKI TARAKO'S WORKS/MANGAS


After reading “Concrete Garden”, I felt like I have to make a review about it. Sure, it is a romance story just like any BL manga but. . For it to be so imaginary good and well developed, it deserves to be spread out and be read by others. The construction of the story is unique and beautiful that I felt like the mangaka is really good at making stories like this. Yes, sensei’s mangas are really amazing that the logic and the ideas in his stories are putting me into a dilemma. Like, could other mangas be able to satisfy me after this? I mean, I had read hundreds of BL stories but the ones that left a mark unto my mind were only few. I just love how these ideas came into the authors mind and how he put it unto the papers. It made me question as well as to how much more could BL stories cross the borderlines of imagination and logic. Sometimes, it’s nice to read more complicated and mind-fucking mangas. I’ve been suffering from over-thinking since I started reading Kotobuki Tarako-sensei’s works. I really like mangas that could swirl my heart and my mind around and make me hung up into it.  

“Concrete Garden” shows the evil side of the human race in a fictional but somehow realistic manner. Though we don’t know if angels really do exist, deep inside every human, we somehow believed that they do. This story, just like some mangas shows how dirty and disgusting human could be just to gain power and control but in a bitterly sweet and imaginative manner. Toki’s hatred towards humans is understandable as well as Kashii’s affection towards them. If I put myself into both of their shoes, maybe I’ll feel the same way. Humans are just disgustingly beautiful.

There’s nothing much of physical intimacy in the story but the feelings are there and the art is good as well. For me who’ve just entered YAOI world for almost a year, I can say that Kotobuki-sensei deserves praise for his works. And I must not forget to mention his other mangas like “Sex Pistols” which left me dazzled and confused as well as happy to be able to read such artistically made manga. While I’m reading it, my mind almost left my head because there are so many details that I have to process. Especially the part where my head hurts so much just thinking of the family tree the Madarame has. Well, honestly, I’d prefer for the story to focus much to Shiro X Yonekuni but fortunately, the other stories that are obviously all connected gave a great impression on me.

Should I leave not to mention more? Of course not. “Junai virus and some mangas under this volume: loveless, Piano Lesson and especially Monkey Puch” which is a compilation of stories made me interested of it as well. I won’t deny the fact that I like incestuous relationship. So, for this manga to give satisfaction to such interest of mine, I have to recommend it as well. I like the psychological ideas of this twisted relationship between the twin, Uryuu and Motouya. They’re cute together I must say.

“Dogla+Magla” is a story of human cloning, of cloning god. It is a painful yet striking tale of the mangaka’s creative version of god, Adam, and Cain and Abel’s life. It isn’t uncommon to have blasphemous adaptation of Bible stories. I have read enough to become used to it. And it always makes me amazed that such versions were skillfully constructed and told.
I haven’t read all of sensei’s works but I’m excited to read more of his works. I’m now expecting for greater stories and I know I won’t be disappointed. I hope that by telling this, readers will get interested and read his works. Please enjoy reading and get your mind fucked so hard. LOL. I suggest you read carefully and understand every word well.   

No comments:

Post a Comment