Monday, April 23, 2012

New Vampire Miyu/Vampire Princess Miyu




Miyu is vampire guardian who sends wandering Shinmas back to the darkness. With her is Larva, a western Shinma who devotedly stayed and fight by her side at all times. With the tight bond, that ties them together, they journeyed and searched for the remaining wandering shinmas in the Shinma realm and in the human world.  But when Larva’s past haunted him down and with the old allies wanting him back, will they be able to still stay together? Will Miyu be able to face the approaching danger the Western Shinmas brought?

This 5-volume series of Vampire Princess Miyu brought excitement to me when I discovered it as another version of Miyu’s story. As I read every pages of it, the feeling of nostalgia embraced me. The first time I found out about MIyu and Larva’s story was when I was still in high school and aimlessly looking for anime DVD. As I chose one to buy, the mysterious approach of the DVD cover drawn me and that’s when I picked the first anime DVD that I bought. It was the TV series of the supernatural fiction story by Toshiki Hirano and Narumi Kakinouchi entitled “Vampire Princess Miyu”.
However, New Vampire Miyu rotated about larva’s past and the battle between the same races, the Shinmas. They introduced new faces here that were not seen in the TV anime series, and some parts of the stories were altered. Both versions have different foundation but with the same approach to the readers. It portrayed how strong Miyu and Lava’s ties and the special feelings they have for each other.

The manga was really good despite of some confusing scenes maybe because of how they were drawn however I still like the character’s faces and features. Miyu’s childish face suites here very well and Larva’s calm and charming face was so handsome as ever! I really like his character and his gentleness and protectiveness towards Miyu. Ahhh~ Miyu’s really lucky to have him around. I’m one of Larva’s fans since the first time he got my eyes in the anime version of the story. The story was also well constructed and interesting.  I know that considering the oldness of this story, I’m a bit late to discover this some revisions of the manga but I’m glad I found it.




I’m going to say something about the anime too. In this version of Miyu’s story, it revolves on her Shinma haunting in the human world where she pretends as human and interacts with them together with searching stray shinmas lurking and feeding with human weaknesses. There, she sent them to the darkness one after another. She also met few good people and made friends with them even though humans were out of her concerns. Despite the fact that she’s a guardian and a vampire, the warmth of being loved by the “friends” she gained became precious to her. However, later on the enemies revealed themselves and her little human life ended, after all, she was Miyu, the vampire guardian and it was her duty to send stray shinmas back to darkness.


The anime version consisted of different character from the 5-volume manga, the “New Vampire miyu”, and the only one whose with her in both stories were Larva. Miyu and Larva’s character were more understandable in the anime as well as the story too. Of course. The anime also stated about Miyu’s origin and past as well as how she met Larva and became her devoted companion. The art was very good and Miyu was very beautiful with her golden round eyes. Larva too, he was very charming and cool in his black coat. The story gives off this sad mysterious aura that I found relating to. As the anime approached its climax slowly, interesting and unexpected events keep popping out. The animation was very well done.



Vampire Princess Miyu still got more. It also has a 4 OVA that I still haven’t watched and a 10 volume manga that I think it’s another version as well. I got a 4th volume manga of “Vampire Princess Miyu” but I still couldn’t figure out if it was a part of the 10-volume manga. I wasn’t able to download the whole 10 volume because the scanslation was dropped according to the site where I download mangas. Soon I’m going to watch the OVA to see what part of Miyu’s life it’s all about. ~Ahhh1 I’m smitten with this couple again. Too bad, I let someone borrow my DVD and it hasn’t been back to me since then. What a pity! I really want to treasure that DVD!  Anyways, I hope this got you excited to unravel Miyu and Larva’s story. I’ve included a summary of the story below from . . .
So let Miyu give you a peaceful sleep with an everlasting beautiful dream. . .

You might be wondering why she’s also called a vampire and how she fights against her enemies. Curious? . . . well, it’s for me to know and for you to find out! Teehee!

And oh! I really like the OST of the anime even though somehow it has a sad and soft rhythm. I can feel the song very much. J


Plot Summary: Stranded in the space between human and demon, Miyu was born a vampire and charged with the responsibility of returning evil demons called Shinma to the dark. Being eternally 15, she yearns to return to the dark herself but not until she has banished the Shinma from Earth. And since her awakening, she remains cut off by the facts of who and what she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment