Monday, May 7, 2012

Afuresouna Pool By Ishihara Satoru



The story of this manga is quite good though I think the genre is more on shounen-ai than yaoi. But for a yaoi lover like me, I like the manga even though the love scenes were only few. I thought at first that I might get bored of it because it has 6 volumes however it get more interesting as the story progressed and how the each character’s personality collided each other. I sometimes got confused with the characters because some seems to look the same but later on I became keen to distinguish who is who. For the overall rating, I can say that the mangaka did a good work. So, to those who are interested in school-life love affair of two difficult men, please read this series!

Regardless of those two, I like the supporting character Hikone. LOL. You’ll meet him if you’re going to read this manga. :>





Summary from Mangafox:
Iriya Tetsuo was the nice, quiet kid that everybody knows. Until well-meant prodding on the part of Hanada Satoshi made him choose the 'easy' way out. He purposely failed the entrance exam to a good school, and picked fights so that he wouldn't have to be around Hanada anymore.

The last thing he expected or wanted was for strong-willed Kizu Ryouji to show any interest in him. The sparks fly between the two, while Iriya's best friend Kasuga Ryouta watches jealously...

Side Story: Hikone
A 64-page short story on Hikone's (Kizu's friend) past. We finally see behind his jokester exterior, and into his private life. In middle school he was on a reckless path to self-destruction, toying with the biker teams (gangs). And one day, he attacked the wrong team. Now their leader Takasu will teach Hikone a lesson he will never forget.







No comments:

Post a Comment