Monday, August 27, 2012

Drawing! Drawing! :D


It’s been so long since the last time I’ve seriously drawn anything except my architectural plates and it was really difficult for when I started drawing this character for my tumblr followers. When the count of my followers was just 150, I decided to draw something for them when I reach 200 followers. But then unexpectedly, I’ve reached 200 in just a short time so I have to do what I’ve promised. I said that I would draw Iason and RIki, my favorite yaoi characters from Ai No Kusabi. I was planning to draw an intimate scene between the two but I ended up drawing Iason alone. Well, I really like Iason and I’ve been meaning to draw him since a long time so when I thought of starting to draw my dedication to my followers, I decided to draw Iason first then I’d draw them both later.

I was so excited to draw again just like how I used to before I became so busy with my course so the night before, I prepared the materials I needed first. When I open my pencil case, I discovered something unusual and I don’t know why. My kneaded eraser melted the surface of my ruler that was touching the eraser. I wonder why that happened. That was my favorite ruler so I got irritated and threw my kneaded eraser. Hahaha :>
I drew Iason on the afternoon the next day. At first, it was irritating because I’m having a hard time sketching. I guess my skills have become rusty because of a long time break from drawing human/anime characters. My first sketch was shit. So I tore it and started again. It took me a while to adjust but fortunately, I was able to move my hands comfortably until I’ve finished it. The parts that took my time redrawing repeatedly were the eyes and the lips. Those parts were my weaknesses ever since and it still didn’t change even now. The part I like working most is the rendering. I’m not that good with colors so I don’t associate myself with them often but I like rendering using pencil. I think I’m only quite good with pencils. Hahaha. I don’t like using pen in my drawings because I don’t know how to use them yet, or rather, I never practiced using them.

 


The output’s fine but I’m not satisfied with it. Darn. .I’m always not satisfied with my drawings. I need to improve and to practice more but I don’t have much time for it since my course focuses on building designs. It’s really frustrating. Oh well, if there’s a will, there’s a way. I’m glad I did that promise to my followers. I was able to use my skills in drawing again because of it. Next, I’ll be drawing Iason with Riki. I’ll work even harder this time! :D


Sorry if my drawing’s not that good, I’m still so far away from being a good artist. And I know he doesn’t really look that close to Iason but I hope you like it!

4 comments: