Sunday, August 5, 2012

Ai No Kusabi Vol. 2: DESTINY



So last august 03, I’ve got hold of a copy of Ai No Kusabi volume 2: Destiny. It was a dream come true for I have been longing deeply to have a copy of those precious books I’ve been admiring all this time. I have already read the whole 6 volumes of the story using a soft copy I have downloaded online but having the real thing was not just a mere whimsy of mine but the desire to have the physical copies on my hands. It is for my complete satisfaction.

The fact that I couldn’t gain the volume one because of its rareness thus, the price was quite out of my reach, made me settle to buy those I could afford.  After it arrived, I quickly read the volume two without hesitation, for the second time. It was as if the feelings I had the first time I read rose again and my chest was full of those warm unknown emotions. Reading it means experiencing those great ups and down of emotions and the thrill of knowing the events and the characters again.

I couldn’t count how many times I smiled, laughed, screamed and called out the names Iason and Riki repeatedly. The happiness and excitement of witnessing those fateful encounters of these two marvelous characters kept me swaying in and out of my own world. If I had not entered into this beautiful world called “YAOI” I would have not known this tale that embodied the true meaning of “the wedge of love”.
The moment I opened the book destiny, I was in deep joy that I felt like crying. Perhaps, not everyone would understand the feelings I felt but I believe that any Ai No Kusabi fan out there would undoubtedly agree with me.

As I continued to read, the phrase “Riki met Iason” made my heart cried out of passion. And I was completely swept away with the urge to reminisce this beautifully conveyed story of Iason Mink and Riki the Black. And so, with every flip of the pages and every move of my eyes as I read the story, I was under the spell of this beautiful tale of dark mysteries.



I can’t seem to patiently wait for the volume 3 to arrive on my hands. However, since I haven’t purchased the volume 1 and quickly jumped to the second volume to read, I might as well just use the soft copy I have to read it again. I am now so enthralled to read this novel again. In my opinion, there’s no doubt that “Ai No Kusabi”, just what June manga says, defined the genre. 



No comments:

Post a Comment